The 2016 Be @ B&E Invitational online video contest gives you the unique opportunity to win one of two Wildcard spots to ride at the B&E Invitational in Les Arcs, France, from March 9 to March 13, 2016.
The contest is open to all skiers. Whether you shred your local hill or you are a world-traveling super pro, this is your chance to ski with 22 of the most creative and innovative riders in the game. Your edit should represent your style of freeskiing, highlighting your creativity, technical skills and style. The submissions are open from the 1st of December, 2015 until the 1st January, 2016 and the two Wildcards will be announced on the 1st of February, 2016. To represent the entire community, there will be one Wildcard for Europe (including Russia) and one Wildcard for the “Rest of the World” (Americas, Asia, and Oceania).
What should the video edit look like?
- Download the pre-roll and credit roll and place them at the start and end of your edit
- Europe + Russia pre-roll and credit roll here.
- Rest Of The World pre-roll and credit roll here.
- Add a title at the start with your 1) name and 2) home region, as well the 3) song credit
- To access the music for use in the edits, first log onto www.beatcan.com/beinvite and sign up for an account. Then, go to “my account” and enter the campaign code “beinvite2016” — this will give you access to a limited number of free downloads from the B&E Invitational page, as well as the whole Beatcan library. For legal reasons, you will need to select a song from the music library we provide, or your edit will NOT be uploaded for the contest.
- The edit should be no longer than two minutes (including pre-roll and outro)
- You are allowed to use footage from the last two ski seasons in your edit
How to submit your video?
- Between the 1st of December and the 1st of January, go to www.wetransfer.com
- Upload your video file
- In the “friend’s email” field, write: email@example.com
- Enter your email address in the appropriate field
- In the message field, include your 1) full name, 2) where you live, 3) email address and 4) age. Then, transfer.
Do I have to edit the video myself?
No, you do not. You can have a friend, family member or whoever do it for you.
Where can I see all the submissions for the online contest?
From December 1, 2015 until January 1, 2016 all submissions will be published on the B&E Invitational YouTube channel. All European entries will be hosted on www.downdays.eu after the 1st of January, and the Rest of the World entries will be hosted via www.freeeskier.com.
How does the judging process work?
- The videos will be separated onto two sites: “Europe” on www.downdays.eu and and Rest Of The World on
- The first round of voting goes down January 4 – 10, 2016. Viewers will be able to vote for their three favorite videos from each category
- The 15 videos with the most votes per category (on January 10) reach the final round
- The second round of voting begins January 11 and concludes on January 17. Viewers will be able to vote for their three favorite videos from each category
- The 15 videos with most votes in each category (on January 17) reach the final round
- Henrik Harlaut and Phil Casabon will judge the final round and choose the two winners (one European and one Rest of the World competitor)
- Winners will be announced on the February 1, 2016
What does the wildcard include?
This includes a spot on the coveted B&E Invitational riders list; on-site accommodation in a 3-Star hotel; food and party; as well as a Geneva Airport shuttle transfer on Tuesday, March 8, 2016 and Sunday March 13, 2016. Airfare is not included.
Note: By submitting your video to the competition you automatically agree to the terms and conditions of the contest. Once we have uploaded your edit on the B&E Invitational YouTube channel, you have officially entered the online video contest.